Taking proper care of my skin has always been something I have made time for
Anti-Aging Skincare To Start in Your 20’s
With all the traveling I’ve been doing, I have put my skin through late nights, humid and dirty streets, airplanes, etc., and I thought it would be very appropriate for me to do a skincare post. I think it’s really important to have a skincare regimen or at least a couple of products you use on the daily. One thing I use daily is my Epicuren Moisturizer with SPF in it. I use it every morning and my skin loves it. With sunscreen being a huge factor in my day routine, I figured I would do some research and put together some anti-aging skincare tips to start in your 20’s because let’s face it, no one wants their skin to get older and look tired.
- Exfoliate Daily – Not using a cleanser with those micro-beads, but instead with a peel that has salicylic, alpha, and/or beta hydroxy acids to cleanse your pores, boost cell renewal, and leave your skin feeling extra smooth.
- Wear Sunscreen – In every skincare post I write, I talk about my sunscreen use and it is all over the internet that the sun is the number one cause of external skin aging. Bottom line: lather up!
- Drink Water – Drinking 2 liters of water each day is enough to flush out any toxins in your body, and in your skin.
- Use an Oil Free Lotion/Serum – My favorite is the Hyaluronic Acid Gel from Epicuren. A little of this product goes a long way! It seeps right into my semi-dry skin and feels amazing. I then use 1-2 pumps of their Colostrum Glow Cream for my face and neck and it smells like citrus. Epicuren products are my favorite because of their gentle nature. Fun fact: Their fundamentals of their skincare line was originally created and used on severely scarred burn victims for over 30 years.
- Start Using an Anti-Aging Product as a Preventative – Starting out with an anti-aging product in your skincare routine while your skin is still young is a good way to ease into the process and also figure out the ingredients that work for you and those that don’t. One product I am going to be adding to my routine is the Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Vitamin C Collagen Booster. I have heard great things about it! Have you tried it? If so, leave a comment below. I would love to hear your thoughts!
What do you like to use on your skin?