Get to know my tips + tricks for maintaining healthy hair all year-round
My Hair Routine…
Let me start by telling you all about my hair; for the most part it’s healthy, but it’s frizzy in the middle and dry on the ends. I have colored it multiple times, it’s natural texture is smooth on top and then frizzy with curls from the midsection down that only really look good in tropical weather. In order to have my hair look the way I want, I use heat on it and rely on top quality products to help me style and protect it. When I am home and on my normal routine, I like to either blow dry it, or let it air dry and then add beach waves later. Unless I am traveling or working out like crazy, I tend to only wash my hair once or twice a week (thank you dry shampoo!) with high-quality shampoo and conditioner and I think this has helped my hair grow tremendously over the years.
Here are my five tricks for maintaining healthy hair…
- Get a trim every 4-6 months
- Use a deep conditioner once a week
- Try to wash your hair every 3 days if possible, this takes time if you have greasy hair and you have to train your hair to do so if you are used to washing it daily.
- Use heat protectants when styling / applying heat
- Try to let your hair towel dry or air dry for as long as possible before blow drying it
Here are some must-have hair products of mine! Click on an item to shop it!