Here are my go-to tips + products on how to make your makeup last longer
How to Make Your Makeup Last Longer
One area of the blog I really would love to tap deeper into this year is beauty. Considering we are already in March, it’s about time I start doing so! Since moving to NYC two months ago, I have been on the go like crazy and have figured out which beauty products are really for longer wear. I wanted to share a few of my favorite beauty products that are essential to my everyday makeup routine, as well as give you some tips on how to make your makeup last longer.
- Always start with a clean face, morning or night, because your skin produces natural oils throughout the night and during the day.
- I prep my skin with a facial spray like Mario Badescu or Herbivore’s Rose Spray and then use SPF (unless your makeup has sunscreen in it).
- Make sure you moisturize under your eyes so that your concealer doesn’t look dry and crusty (LOL).
- Use a Beauty Blender to apply your foundation and any liquid makeup since it really helps the makeup seep into your pores and does not just apply it on top. A makeup sponge also gives really nice, even coverage.
- Once you have completed your makeup, use your facial spray or a setting spray to really lock it all in. This also give you a dewy look which I love.
- Always do your mascara after the setting spray/final spray so your eyelashes do not get weighed down.
- You can use powder and facial spray throughout the day to make it last!