Here’s why you should make an effort to put your phone down everyday
Technology is an absolutely amazing concept; you can connect with people from across the world with the click of a button. The majority of us spend hours on our smartphones daily, whether it’s for work, connecting with friends, or just for fun. I mean let’s face it, we depend on our phones for entertainment, to be a personal scape goat, and honestly they help pass time. I spend a great deal of time on social media daily and find myself being counterproductive when I’m constantly refreshing my ever-changing Twitter and Instagram feeds. However, it is very important to look up and spend time away from your phone and present in the world around you. I try my best to put my phone down in social settings and I especially try hard to unplug and unwind at night, which I feel is very important to do. I wanted to write a post on the benefits of powering down your phone and if the below facts inspire you to possibly look around more, then I feel my job is complete!
The Benefits of Powering Down Your Phone
- It’s refreshing to take just 30 minutes away from social media.
- You can socialize.
- You will be more productive.
- You can stop comparing (women are more likely to do this).
- You can be present.
- You can spend quality time with people.
- Your brain will function more naturally.
- Your attention span will increase.
- You will sleep better and wake up better.
- You’ll increase efficiency.
Don’t be afraid to start small, try to unplug about 40 minutes before bed to start!